After what seemed an age the pond finally started to show some really fast growth in May once the warm sun showed up. I was supplied with 3 bits of a large and vigorous Water Lily plant from a fellow pond enthusiast (Thanks John) in late April / early May. I put them into two pots, the larger part of the Lily got its own pot and the two smaller parts had to share. I will need to keep them in check as i have been told they can get out of hand. As they are hardy Lilies you plant they horizontally in the pot. I used normal pond compost and that seems fine for them.
You can see the new lilies in the corner nearest the camera. I forgot to move the brick away, it was in the pond helping to keep another plant closer to the surface.
You can also see in the middle of the pond, to the left, shoots from one of the many varieties of oxygenator starting to come out of the water. I was not sure that oxygenator was very strong but it has done much better than i expected.
One of the vast number of Tadpoles in the pond sunbathing.